Supervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean and orderly, areas in the Campus. Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding campus housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action. May purchase housekeeping supplies and equipment, take periodic inventories, screen applicants, train new employees, and recommend dismissals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of maintenance and cleanliness.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Coordinates work activities among departments
- Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons' complaints
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
- Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports.
- Screens job applicants, hires new employees and recommends promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
Education & key Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institutions
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines