Major Job Responsibilities
• To open and close the lab according to the timetable of lab activities
• To ensure the cleanliness and organization of the lab space and equipment
• To ensure proper storage, usage and handling of harmful substances (chemicals) and other costly experimental devices, computers etc
• To help the teacher mange students / class in the lab
• Oversee and monitor when experiments are being conducted in the lab
• To ensure that students do not bring any eatables inside the lab
• To inform the concerned authority, in case of any harm or breakage
• To keep a record for the laboratory supply
• To shut down all running systems and switch off lights whenever not in use.
• Should have proper knowledge of laboratory, chemicals, apparatus, instruments, other electronic systems he/she has to work with.
• Be able to educate students to keep lab neat & clean and maintain standards to do the same.
• He must be physically fit as the work requires lot of legwork.
• Be able to deal with any emergency arising in case of an accident
Education and Qualification
Work experience in managing a laboratory